Requiring far less oil than traditional oven-roasting and deep-frying methods, air frying your foods is a healthier cooking approach, as there is minimal fat involved. Available as an option in select kitchen ranges and wall ovens, the Air Fry setting replaces the need for a countertop air fryer or deep fryer. Air Fry ovens use convection fans to rapidly circulate extremely hot air around your fried favorites, resulting in evenly cooked foods with a crispy, golden exterior.
Powered at the touch of a button, the Air Fry setting on today’s premium cooking appliances doesn’t even require you to preheat your oven; that said, be sure to read your oven’s user manual as directions may vary across models.
Perfectly shareable for the holidays, these 4 air fry recipes are as easy to make as they are to enjoy. Dig in!
How to Convert Recipes for Air Fry Ovens
Because air frying operates with increased heat being directed in a more encompassing manner, you will likely need to modify the temperature and cooking times for recipes of your favorite foods. To bake a recipe using an Air Fry oven, reduce the temperature by 25 degrees and decrease the cook time by about 20 percent. To calculate the timing of the bake, multiply the cook time in minutes by 0.8. The resulting number is the estimated number of minutes it will take your Air Fry oven to churn out your food.
For your convenience, we have already converted the oven temperature and cook times for our favorite air fry recipes below:
1. Baked Ham with Brown Sugar-Honey Glaze
✓ 10-pound bone-in smoked ham
✓ 1-½ cups brown sugar
✓ ½-cup clover honey
- Heat Air Fry oven to 325 degrees.
- Rinse ham under cold water. Place ham on roasting pan and cover with foil.
- Bake ham in oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and honey in a saucepan, cooking over medium heat until the brown sugar has dissolved.
- After ham finishes first round of baking, pour the brown sugar glaze all over it.
- Continue roasting for another hour and 20 minutes. Baste at least twice with the drippings in the roaster.
- Check for doneness by inserting meat thermometer at a meaty spot. It should read at least 160 degrees; if the temperature is lower than this minimum clearance, continue baking and checking the temperature at short intervals until it reaches 160.
- Let the ham rest for 15 minutes and enjoy!
2. Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
✓ 1-½ pounds red potatoes
✓ 1/8-cup olive oil
✓ ¾-teaspoon Kosher salt
✓ ½-teaspoon black pepper
✓ 3 cloves garlic, minced
✓ 2 tablespoon rosemary leaves, minced
- Heat Air Fry oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary.
- Slice potatoes in quarters. Toss in bowl with oil and spices until potatoes are well coated.
- Arrange potatoes on baking sheet into one layer. Roast potatoes in oven for 45 minutes or until they are browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking.
3. Green Bean Casserole
For the topping...
✓ Nonstick cooking spray
✓ 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
✓ ¼-cup all-purpose flour
✓ 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
✓ 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
For the beans and sauce...
✓ 3 tablespoons Kosher salt
✓ 1 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
✓ 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
✓ 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
✓ ½-teaspoon black pepper
✓ 2 cloves garlic, minced
✓ ¼-tablespoon ground nutmeg
✓ 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
✓ 1 cup chicken broth
✓ 1 cup half-and-half
- Heat Air Fry oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine onions, flour, breadcrumbs, and salt in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Coat sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray and spread onion mixture into one layer on pan.
- Bake casserole topping for 25 minutes. Toss onions twice during cooking. After cooking time for casserole topping ends, set pan aside and reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, bring a gallon of water and 2 tablespoons of salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the beans and let them briefly immerse for 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately plunge the beans into a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper; stir occasionally for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and nutmeg; continue to cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Next, stir in flour for 1 minute.
- Add broth; simmer for 1 minute. Cut heat to medium-low and add the half-and-half; stir occasionally for 6 to 8 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Remove skillet from stove and stir approximately ¼ of the baked onions and all of the green beans. Then, top skillet with the rest of the onions.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.
4. Cinnamon Baked Apples
✓ 4 large Gala apples
✓ ¼-cup brown sugar
✓ 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
✓ ¼-cup pecans, chopped
✓ 1 tablespoon butter
✓ ¾-cup boiling water
- Heat Air Fry oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and dry apples. Next, cut out the cores while leaving the bottom half-inch of the apples intact. Be sure to scoop out the seeds and to cut the holes so they are at least an inch wide.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans.
- Place the cored-out apples in a baking dish. Stuff each apple with the brown sugar mixture. Top each hole with a smear of butter (approximately ¼-tablespoon).
- Pour boiling water into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake apples in oven for 25 minutes or until they are tender but not mushy.
- After cook time ends, remove the apples from the oven and baste them with the juices from the pan. Enjoy!
Call or Visit Us
With name-brand kitchen appliances priced for every budget, Ruffoni Services Inc has something for everyone — including unmatched customer service. Shop our digital catalog of home appliances today! As always, our experts are always happy to help, whether you call or visit us in-store.